Billy

Daft Punk’s Get Lucky becomes one of the UK’s biggest selling singles of all-time!

Daft Punk score the UK’s 136th million selling single. Plus: Sir Elton John, Ed Sheeran and Peter Andre also break through the million copies sales barrier!


Daft Punk’s Get Lucky has become the first 2013-released single to break through the million copies sales barrier, the Official Charts Company can reveal.

Get Lucky, which also features N.E.R.D’s Pharrell Williams and Chic’s Nile Rodgers, is only the 136th single in the 60 year history of the UK’s Official Singles Chart to join the Million Sellers Roll Of Honour. The track has reached this landmark in double-quick time, hitting one million sales in its 69th day on sale in the UK, further reinforcing its position as the biggest selling single of 2013 so far.
The success also gives Daft Punk’s main collaborators on Get Lucky their first UK million sellers, too. Despite a career of 40 years making hits, Nile Rodgers has never previously had a million seller in the UK.
“The fact that Get Lucky has sold a million copies in the UK is one thing, but to do it in 69 days?! I’m awestruck,” Nile Rodgers said “When I think how it happened, too, with people who I like a lot, that we just decided to go into the studio and do something… And then it turns out like this? It’s absolutely remarkable, because no-one was prepared for this!
“I’ve had big records and Number 1s; I have had records that were Number 1 in the United States but nowhere else… I’ve had records which have done well [in the UK], but not in the States. But to have this ubiquitous record, that is a hit everywhere… It’s amazing to me! I’m out on the road and I can hear it wherever I go. I’m flabbergasted!”

No comments: